1.matter n 事情 问题 差错
(1) We have a lot of matters to talk about.我有许多事要谈。
* It doesn't matter. 没关系。用于接受别的人歉意。
（2）- I'm, sorry I'm late.对不起我迟到了。 –It doesn't matter. 没关系。
* What's the matter? 与 What's wrong? What's your trouble ?
（3）-What's the matter, Granny? 老奶奶，你怎么了？
-I want to see my husband in hospital,but I can't find its address.
* What's the matter with somebody ? = What's wrong with somebody?
（4）-What's the matter with you?你怎么了？ –I have a bad headache.我头痛得厉害。
（5）-What was the matte with her yesterday ? –She caught a bad cold.
* What's wrong with something? 某物出了什么故障？
（6）-What's wrong with your watch? 你的表出了什么毛病？- It doesn’t work.坏了。
（7）He has a sore throat. What’s wrong with him?
2. have a cold 患感冒 have a bad cold 患重感冒
- What's wrong with you? – I have a bad cold.
- How are you feeling now ? - I'm feeling much better.
3. stomachache 胃痛 腹痛 肚子痛 have a stomachache 胃痛
= have a pain in the stomach have a bad stomach 胃痛得厉害
(1) -I'm not feeling well at the moment.- What's wrong?
- I have a bad stomachache..此刻我感觉不舒服。 你怎么了？我胃痛得厉害。
(2)The boy said he had a stomachache.The boy said he had a pain in the stomach.
4. sore adj 疼痛的 酸痛的 throat 喉咙 烟喉
have a sore throat 烟喉痛
have a sore back = have a pain in the back 背痛
（1）Do you have a sore throat? 你喉咙痛？
（2）There's something wrong with my throat.我烟喉有毛病。
（3）I can't speak out because I have a sore throat.我说不出话了因为嗓子痛。
（4）He can't speak carry the heavy box because he has a sore back.他不能般这重箱因为背痛。
5．back arm ear eye foot hand head leg mouth neck nose stomach
(1)- What’s wrong with her? –She has a pain in the back.
=She has a backache.她怎么了？ 背痛。
(2) Look at the boy . There are only two teeth in his mouth.看那个男孩。只有两颗牙。
6 have a toothache 牙痛 dentist 牙医
（1）-What’s the matter? – I've a toothache. 怎么了？ 我牙痛。
- Maybe you should see a dentist.-That’s a good idea.
（2）-I had a bad toothache last night.-I’m sorry to hear to that.
(3) -Do you think I should see a dentist ? 你认为我该看牙医吗？
–Yes , I think so.是的，我认为是这样。
7．fever adj 发烧
have a fever 发烧
have a high fever 高烧
A: What's wrong with you?
B: I caught a bad cold yesterday .I’ve got a headache and a fever.
A: How long have been like this ?
B: Ever since last night.
A: You’d better take some medicine .Have a good rest and drink more water. You will be OK soon.
8. rest n 休息
have a rest 休息一会儿
have a good rest 好好休息
Lie down 躺下
（1）You had a cold . You should have a good rest in bed
(2) Let's stop to and have a rest.咱们停下来休息吧。
(3) Please take off your shirt and lie down on the bed.请躺下你的衬衫，躺在床上。
* rest n 剩余部分 the rest 剩余的人
There are ten boys in the classroom .Three of them are cleaning the classroom. The rest are
cleaning the windows.教室有十个男生，其中三个在打扫教室，其余的在擦玻璃。
9．honey n 蜂蜜 tea with honey 加蜂蜜的茶 with 带有 具有
（1）Drinking tea with honey is good for our health. 渴蜂蜜的茶对健有益。
（2）Would you like some dumpling with meat in them? 你想吃肉馅铰子吗？
（3）The man with a pair of think glasses is my English teacher.戴深度眼镜的人是我的英语老师。
take some medicine 吃药
take this medicine 吃这药
（1）You'd better take this medicine twice a day. You'll be all right soon.
（2）My mother asked me to give her some medicine for cold .我母亲要求我给她买点治点感冒的药。
A: What's wrong with you, young man ?
B: I don't feel well.
A: I'm sorry to hear that. Please take off your shirt and lie down on the bed.
A: Well, there's nothing much wrong with you Do you take much exercise ?
B: No, doctor. I never have any time for exercise.
A: How do you sleep?
B: Very badly, doctor.Can you give me some medicine to help me sleep?
A: Yes, I can.but I'm going to,You don't need medicine. Just take more exercise.
B; You are right, doctor. It's important for me to keep healthy.Thank you for your advice.
A: You’re welcome . I hope you feel better soon.
1.illness n 疾病 身体不适 ill adj 病的
（1）Taking this medicine twice a day after meals is good for your illness.
（2）-I’m feeling very ill. –You’d better a doctor.
2.adivce 建议 give sb. some advice 给某人提些建议
give sb. some advice on 给某人提某一方面的建议
(1) He had a bad cold . Could you give him some advice?他患了严重的感冒 你能给他提些建议吗？
（2）My dentist gave me some advice on my teeth .我的牙医给了提了关于牙齿方面的建议。
3．thirsty adj 口渴的 feel thirsty 感觉口渴 be thirsty 渴
(1) –I’m feeling tired and thirsty at the moment .
- You may drink a glass of water with nothing and lie down on the bed .
Have a good rest. You'll be better in the few days.
4．stress v 加压力于 ，便紧张 * be stressed out 有压力的，紧张的
get stressed out 有压力
（1）She's always stressed out,so she can't sleep well.她总是有压力，所以睡得不好。
（2）Don't be stressed out and try to relax .不要有压力设法放松。
（3) Don't get stressed out, It'll make you sick.
4 problem n 问题，令人困惑的事情
（1）I have some problem to ask .
(2) The physics problem is very difficult,I can't work it out.
* have some problems( in ) doing something 做某事有困难
* have no problem doing something 做某事没有困难
(3) It was very rainy last Sunday,so we had some problems climbing the mountains.
（4）He said he had no problem in working out the physics problem.他说他没有问题算那道物理题，。
* no problem 没问题 -Can you go the movies with me mow?
- No problem.
6.traditional adj 传统的
（1）Traditional teaching methods can't improve our grades.传统的教学方式不能提高我们的成绩。
（2）The doctor is good at traditional Chinese medicine .这位医生很擅长传统的中医。
7．believe vt 相信 认为
believe + that + 宾语从句.
(1)I believe that the best way to learn English well is to speak it as much as possible.
* I don't believe that + 宾语从句。我认为、、、、、、不。
(2)I don't believe that that he will come tomorrow.我认为他明天不会来的。
8 balance n平衡 协调 keep the balance of the nature 保持自然平衡
a balanced diet 均衡的饮食
（1）People should protect animals in order to keep the balance of the nature.
（2）It's easy to have a healthy lifestyle,and it's important to eat a balanced diet.
yin (u)阴 yang (u) 阳
(1) It might be because you have too much “yin”.可能是你阴太虚了。
(2) You have too much yang in your life ,so you shouldn’t eat a lot of yang food .
(3) People who are too stressed out and angry may have too much yang .Chinese doctors believe
that they should eat more yin foods like tofu.
9.weak adj 虚弱的 无力的 反义词 strong 强壮的
feel weak 感觉不舒服
be weak in = be not good at / not do well in 在、、、差
be a little weak in =be not very good at = not do very well in 在、、、、有点差
（1）-I'm feeling very weak.I can't walk on. 我感觉不舒服。我不能继续往前走了。
（2）He said he wasn’t very good at Chinese. =He said he didn’t do very well in Chinese .=
He said he was a little weak in Chinese. 他说他语文有点不好。
（3) The boy said that was weak in sight and hearing. 这个男孩说他的视力和听力不好。
10.Dangshen 党参 , Huangqi 黄芪 herb 草本植物，药草，香草
- Maybe you have too much yin.. You should eat hot yang foods like beef .Eating Dangshen and
Hruangqi herbs are also good for this .也许你阳气太盛。你应该吃象牛肉热的阳性食品。吃党参和
11．angry adj 愤怒的，生气的
be angry get angry become angry 生气
be angry with sb. 生某人的气
（1）Father and I are always angry, but we are good friends.我和父亲总是生气，但我们是好朋友。
（2）I was angry with him for taking my notebook without saying anything.
（3）He became angry when he heard the news. 当他听到这消息时发起了火。
12 west n 西部 西方 —western adj 西方的， 来自西方的
（1）Xinjiang lies in the west of China. x疆在我国的西部。
（2）Korea lies to the west of Japan. 韩国在日本的西部。
（3）Chinese medicine is now popular in many western countries.中国医药在西方许多国家受迎接。
a few 几个 一些
little 很少 没有
few a few 修饰可数名词， few 表示否定 a few 表示肯定
little a little 修饰不可数名词。 little 表示否定 a little 表示肯定
（1）Tom has to stay at home himself because he has few friends.
（2）Although it's windy,a few students are playing football there.尽管刮风,几个学生在哪儿踢足球。
（3）We must hurry ,There’s little time left.我们必须快点，没有多少剩下的时间了。
（4）My father can speak a little Japanese. 我父亲会讲点英语。
14. stay v stay + adj stay at home 呆在家里
（1）We often stay at home on Sundays. 我们在周日经常呆在家里。
（2）Taking excise every day is good for staying health..天天锻炼对保持健康有益。
15．until= till conj 直到、、、、、之时， 在、、、、、、之前 肯定句与延续性动词连用
（1）I watched TV until my father came back at 12:00 last night.
（2）I'll stay in Shanghai until next week. 我将在上海呆在下周。
* not …….until ……直到……才…….否定句，误语动词用延续性动词。句子结构是：
否定句+ until + 从句/ 时间状语。
（3）I didn't go out to play football until I finished my homework..我做完作业才出去踢足球。
（4）I won't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.直到我亲眼见到我才会相信。
not……..until 可以替换 when, before, after, if 等引导的状语从句。
(4)He went to bed after he did his homework.- He didn't go to bed until he did his homework.
(5)They left the room when the meeting was over.
-He didn't leave the room until the meeting was over.
(6)I'll let you in if you show your pass.- I won't let you in until you show your pass.(通行证)
16。 hear vt 听见，听说， 听 hear sb. do sth.听见某人做了某事（动作的全过程）
hear sb. doing sth. 听见某人在做某事
（1）I heard children singing in the nest room when I passed by.我路过的时候听见孩子们在隔壁唱歌。
（2）We heard them cry just now. 刚才我听见他们哭了。
（3）I listened, but I heard nothing.我听了，可是我什么也没听见。