A Christmas Carol
I. Teaching aims:
1. Learn about Charles Dickens and his works.
2. Talk about social responsibilities.
3. Review the Adverbial.
4. Write a review of a play.
II. Teaching time:
1st Period Speaking
2nd Period Reading
3rd Period Language study
4th Period Extensive reading, Writing
The First Period Speaking
I. Teaching goals:
1. Enable the students to say something about Charles Dickens and his works.
2. Enable the students to learn how to discuss their social responsibilities.
3. Help the students learn to describe social responsibilities by using some key words and expressions.
II. Teaching important points
1. Describe Charles Dickens and his works.
2. Discuss the social responsibilities by using some key words and expressions.
III. Teaching methods
IV. Teaching aids
1. A recorder; 2. A projector and some slides;
3. Multi-functional teaching equipment (CAI).
V. Teaching procedures && ways
Step I Lead In
First show the students a picture of Charles Dickens on the computer, then ask them some questions.
Step II Warming up
The Warming-up exercise makes the students know more about Charles Dickens and the novels that he wrote.
Step III Speaking
Ask the students to finish the reading comprehension multiple choices.
Discuss the responsibilities of business people towards both their employees and their customers .
Step IV Talking
Ask the students to discuss the two situations in groups of four.
Step V Homework
Ask the students to read the novel A Christmas Carol carefully. Then next class they will be checked.